Introducing Digital Laparoscopy With the Senhance™ Surgical System
The pressure and impact on hospitals and laparoscopic surgeons are increasing under the constraints of value-based healthcare.
- Hospitals need to find new ways to deliver the best clinical outcome relative to the optimal cost of care within an environment that fosters the right patient experience delivered by engaged and satisfied providers.1
- General surgery is particularly challenging because it represents the common and necessary procedures for most hospitals (56% of all surgeries).2
Senhance is ushering in a new era of minimally invasive surgery called Digital Laparoscopy
Digital laparoscopy provides a digitized interface between the surgeon and patient, giving surgeons improved control, comfort, clinical intelligence, and confidence when performing a wide variety of procedures to deliver superior value to patients in more care settings.
Digital Laparoscopy Overview
- Purpose-built to address today’s value-based healthcare
- Introduces the benefits of robotics without requiring surgeons to make tradeoffs
- Designed to work in a hospital’s current ecosystem
- Specifically engineered to effectively manage operating costs, which can now make robotic surgery cost-effective on a per-procedure basis through the use of fully reusable instruments
- Value-driven care. Are you ready? Insights drawn from EY Health Advisory Survey 2017. EY website. https://consulting.ey.com/valuedrivencare/. Accessed April 16, 2018.
- Millennium Research Group. Medtech 360: Laparoscopic Devices. US 2016 Market Analysis. DRG website. https://decisionresourcesgroup.com/research-reports/medtech/. Accessed April 16, 2018.
- Decker MR, Dodgion CM, Kwok AC, et al. Specialization and the current practices of general surgeons. J Am Coll Surg. 2014;218(1):8-15. doi:10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2013.08.016.
- Park A, Lee G, Seagull FJ, Meenaghan N, Dexter D. Patients benefit while surgeons suffer: an impending epidemic. J Am Coll Surg. 2010;210(3):306-313.